Guys, first, are you watching The People v. OJ Simpson on FX?? I just started last week and watched all the episodes back to back… I’m hooked! The show is so good! Given that I was only 4 when the whole OJ trial went down, I remember absolutely nothing about it. And besides the whole “if the glove don’t fit” argument, I know zilch about what really happened. Normally any show involving crime and murder creeps me out and I have to turn the channel but I just can’t seem to turn away from this! I plan on getting completely caught up on the episodes this week!
Anywho, while I was binge watching, I had a huge craving for something sweet. It was one of those can’t really focus because I need dessert stat type of craving. So in between episodes 1 and 2, I went to the cupboard and pulled out what I had to make a batch of cookies. Then I let the dough chill in fridge for episode 2 and I baked them while watching episode 3. Multitasking at its finest!
And now I present to you- Browned Butter Graham Cracker Cookies. I used the base recipe from Bunny’s Chocolate Chip Cookies and adjusted some ingredients! I think these cookies have become my new addiction… And that’s saying a lot considering I can only buy Nutella when I’m baking with it because I’ll eat the entire jar otherwise.
I love browned butter cookies and I think from now on I will be browning the butter for all my cookies. Not only does it add a delicious caramel-y flavor to the cookies but the smell of them as they bake is amazing! It smelled like Fall in my kitchen last week and I could not have been happier! I even made them again for friends this weekend! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 sticks butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In medium sauce pan, brown butter on medium heat. Stirring fairly continually with a wooden spoon (I stir then measure out the sugar, then stir again then measure the flour, etc…). Butter will froth and foam then continually stir until its a caramel colored brown. (This whole process takes about 5-8 minutes.)
- Once butter is browned, turn off heat and add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Stir until incorporated and let cool about ten minutes.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In stand mixer, add the butter/sugar mixture. Add in vanilla.
- Add half the flour mixture until combined. Then add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Don’t skip this step!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Form the chilled dough into dough balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until the edges start browning. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool. Enjoy!