This post was supposed to be homemade hot cocoa (coming next week now) but Bunsy has been on a chocolate chip cookie kick lately and wanted to make another batch. I am on the quest for the perfect chocolate chip cookie and it turns out my ma is too! The funny thing is, until she made these cookies, she has never been a baker!
It’s a joke in our family that my mom can’t bake and hates cooking. She has many wonderful attributes and makes three delicious meals but other than that, she just doesn’t cook. That is until she got this recipe.
My mom is a teacher and there is a parent at her school who makes the most amazing cookies so ma asked for the recipe. The first time my mom made them, we really were in shock at how tasty they were. They are the perfect cookie and trust me, if Bunsy can make them, you can too! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Combine butter and sugars. Add egg, salt and vanilla.
- Scrape bowl and mix one more time.
- Add flour and baking soda until combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Using a big spoon, scoop the dough and roll into a ball. Set the dough on a cookie in the fridge for at least one hour to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. Enjoy!