Halloween is in one week. One week! How the heck are we already at Halloween?!? Although I no longer dress up, nothing will top 6th grade when my best friend Lauren and I were a bunch of grapes and blew up purple balloons and pinned them to our clothes, I do appreciate that during the last two weeks of October mini candy bars are of abundance. Hence the need to make Candy Bar Fudge!
Again, I’ve made something I normally don’t eat… fudge. But I had the sudden urge to make fudge and I figured the only way I would eat it, without Nutella on hand, was to add mini candy bars.
Fudge may not be my favorite thing to eat but I love making it! It’s so easy and you can add anything to spice it up. Crushed Oreos would be a nice addition scattered on top, or sprinkles, or crushed candy canes for Christmas time. You name it, you can add it!
This fudge is adapted from Six Sister’s Reese’s Fudge. As the name implies, they added a generous amount of Reese’s and they look amazing! I had enough fudge for two 8×8 pans so I took one into work and it was gone in minutes. I may not be the biggest fudge fan, but it sure is a crowd pleaser. Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 2 bags chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbls. vanilla
- splash of milk
- chopped candy (I used Twix, Reese’s, Snickers, Milky Way, KitKat, and M&Ms)
- Add all ingredients, except candy bars, to medium saucepan.
- Melt over medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Pour into pans and sprinkle chopped candy on top.
- Let sit for a few hours and enjoy!