I consider it a win that I did not eat Halloween candy for breakfast today. Unfortunately, I’m sure my continual snacking on it throughout the day is just as worse. Those mini kit-kats are just so addicting!! Tomorrow I will try to be better…
You see, I suffer from Severe Sweet Tooth and Zero Will Power Syndrome. Sufferers from SSTZWPS always want something sweet and whenever faced with sweets, have a hard time saying no. We can never eat just one cookie, we’ll go back and nibble until they are all gone. It’s a real thing, ask my entire family.
Step two is make a pie.
Yes, you read that right. You see, this disease means it’s virtually impossible to say no to sweets. So instead of eating Halloween candy every day until it’s all gone, you can just make a Halloween candy bar pie, adapted from my Aunt Teri’s delicious Candy Bar Pizza! This way you can use up all your remaining Halloween candy and share the pie with friends so you aren’t stuck eating it all!
It’s the only known cure. Make dessert, eat a piece, then give away the rest before you eat it all. Trust me it works… sorta! Enjoy!
- Cookie dough, any kind (I used chocolate chip cookie dough sans chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp peanut butter, (heaping tbsp!)
- Halloween candy, chopped in small pieces
- Make desired cookie dough and press into pie pan. Bake according to directions. You can use store bought dough or if you want to make some from scratch, check out these recipes here, here or here.
- While the dough is cooking, unwrap and chop Halloween candy you want to use.
- Once dough is cooled, melt chocolate chips and peanut butter in microwave for 30 second intervals. Stir in between until melted together.
- Spread melted chocolate chip/pb combo on top of the cookie pie.
- Sprinkle the Halloween candy on top. Let set for a few hours until the chocolate chip/pb combo hardens. Enjoy!