I don’t know about you but I’m big fan of early Saturday morning Food Network TV, especially The Pioneer Woman and Trisha’s Southern Kitchen. Their food always looks amazing! It might put you on the path to heart problems with the amount of butter used, but I’ll take a plate of whatever they make!
I was watching Trisha’s Southern Kitchen a few weeks ago and she made cookie dough pops. I’ve never had cookie dough pops but I love cookie dough so I figured I could make my own version. The best part, there are no raw eggs in the batter. Use your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and substitute 1/4 cup applesauce for 1 egg. So no fear of raw egg and the applesauce practically makes it healthy. Right?!
Instead of the classic cake pops sticks, I had extra 4th of July straws laying around. Adds a nice pop of color, don’t ya think? Make a bunch of these pops and keep them in the freezer for those times when you get a chocolate craving; these are perfect for that! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbls granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- Mini Chocolate Chips (as many as desired)
for the chocolate coating
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 4 tbls heavy cream
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl and form into balls on wax paper. Stick one straw in the center of each dough ball.
- Place in freezer for 30 minutes.
- To make the chocolate coating, mix one bag dark chocolate chips with 4 tbls heavy cream over medium. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each cookie dough ball into the chocolate and place back on sheet.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours and enjoy!