I’ve wanted to make homemade granola forever. When I told the BF I was making some, his exact words were “you’ve said you’re going to make that forever”. Clearly I talk things up then never follow through.
This cinnamon raisin granola reminds me of my freshman year in college. Living on campus I ate all my meals in the school cafeteria (and surprisingly did not gain the freshman 15). I’ve always loved raisin bran cereal, and I was convinced all that year I was just eating an off brand of raisin bran.
Fun fact: I don’t usually have cereal for breakfast. I eat most of my cereal at night. It’s the perfect bedtime snack!
I don’t remember at what point I realized I was actually eating granola, not cereal, but it didn’t deter my obsession. I mean it’s not realllyyy that different. Chunky clusters of oats, slices of toasty almonds and raisins. AllTheRaisins.
I really can’t believe I waited this long to make homemade granola. I promise…it’s a piece of cake! (Easier, actually). If you’re like me and have been putting it off, take this weekend as an opportunity to make some. And if you already know the ease and joy of making your own granola, let me know what your favorite varieties are! Because I’m officially obsessed.
Cinnamon Raisin Granola (adapted from Homemade Granola)
- 3 c oats
- 1 c sliced almonds
- 1 c raisins
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c maple syrup
- 1/3 c coconut oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Combine oats, almonds, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg in large mixing bowl.
- In small bowl, stir together maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Spread the mixture evenly over a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Bake at 300 for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove once mixture begins to turn golden brown.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.