And super easy to make too!
The best part about these cookies was the chocolate cookie base. I could eat these chocolate cookies all day! Hope you enjoy!
This recipe is slightly adapted from A Dash of Sanity.
for the cookies
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
for the frosting
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In mixer, mix together butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the butter mixture until dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon, form dough into a ball and place on baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and let cool.
- In saucepan, combine evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolks, butter and vanilla. Constantly stir over medium heat until it thickens. This takes about 11 minutes so be patient!
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted.
- Spread the topping over the cookies and enjoy!