Tis the season for pies! Am I right? I hosted Thanksgiving this year and made three pies (for only 7 people…). That’s almost half a pie per person! With that much pie eating you need a little variety.
I have a super easy pie dough recipe that I use for the majority of my pies, but it’s always nice to switch things up. When a coworker requested cheesecake for their birthday treats, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to make a graham cracker crust.
Now I know you can just buy a pre-made graham cracker crust. They’re easy. I get it. But do you realize how incredibly easy a homemade graham cracker crust is??
You crush up some graham crackers. Mix in sugar, salt and spices. Add some melted butter. And press into the pan. That’s. IT! 5 ingredients.
To make things even easier, this crust doesn’t need to be baked. You can pop it in the oven for 5-10 minutes to firm the crust up and make it a little less crumbly, but it’s up to you! The no-bake version is perfect for those hot summer days.
With all the holiday parties and dinners coming up, you must give this a try! Plus, you’ll get extra baking points from friends and family once they find out you made a homemade crust. Happy holiday baking!
Homemade Graham Cracker Crust (adapted from Crazy for Crust)
- 9 sheets (1 package) graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 c melted butter
- Crush graham crackers, either in food processor or with rolling-pin in ziplock bag.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and salt with graham cracker crumbs.
- Add melted butter, stirring until combined.
- Pour mixture into pie tin. Using hands, press mixture first into base of tin and then up the sides.
- If desired, bake at 325 for 5-10 minutes, just until golden brown.
- Fill with pie filling and follow pie baking directions.