Kelly has been begging me to post this dip recipe. Partially because she thought you guys would love it. Partially because she wanted the recipe for herself. I can’t really blame her…cause this stuff is delicious!
My cousin made it for Christmas Eve a few years back, and we were all very surprised. Not that we didn’t think she would make something good, just that she’d never really cooked before! Not for us anyway. So when she whipped out this Jalapeño Popper Dip we all got in line to try some.
And then try some more. And some more. It’s that addicting party dip that you just keep going back to. When Kelly visited Boise for New Year’s Eve I made a batch for three of us and we ate the whole dish. No trouble at all. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
This Jalapeño popper dip will be making an appearance at my friend’s NYE party tonight, and it can be whipped up super quick if you need something to take to your party, too! Just mix all the ingredients together, bake, and eat.
Have a safe and very Happy New Year! See you all in 2015!
Jalapeño Popper Dip
- 2 8oz packages light cream cheese, softened
- 1 c light sour cream
- 2 c shredded Italian cheese blend (mozzarella and parmesan)
- 1 4oz container diced green chiles
- 1/4 c chopped jalapeños (more to taste)
- 1/4 c panko bread crumbs
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, Italian cheese, green chiles and jalapeños.
- Pour mixture into a 9×9 baking dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes until top turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with pita chips, tortilla chips, or cracker of your choice.