It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
The holidays are always my favorite time of year! Here at Long Distance Baking, we love Christmas. We love it so much in fact, that we’ve been known to listen to Christmas music a couple times throughout the year. Every summer vacation needs at least one listen of Little Dummer Boy and Do You Hear What I Hear. Am I right??
My cousin is a 1st grade teacher and she asked me if we had any kid friendly holiday treats- holiday yummies that are cute and kids could easily help with making! Below is a list of kid friendly treats that can be altered for many holidays, not just Christmas!
1. Sugar Cookies– The holiday season would not be complete without sugar cookies and Steph’s sugar cookie recipe is to die for! Seriously, they are amazing and so fun for kids to help decorate!
2. Puppy Chow– Replace the Valentine’s red and pink M&Ms with Christmas M&M’s!
3. Cinnamon Ice Cream– What is cooler than making homemade ice cream?! This is a fun treat to make with kids because it’s so fun to see the ice cream churning and can turn into a fun science lesson! Although, I don’t quite know the science behind it myself… but I know Google does 🙂
4. Red Velvet Cupcakes– Red velvet is great any time of year but especially for the holidays! Lay out different types of holiday sprinkles and let your kids decorate the tops of the cupcakes!
5. No-Bake Cheesecake Bars– Steph decorated these bars for 4th of July but you can easily change the flag design. Use green icing to make a tree or garland and red frosting for holly berries or ornaments. The possibilities are infinite! Plus, it’s no-bake so it’s super easy to make!
6. Pumpkin Pecan Cinnamon Rolls– Cinnamon rolls are just fun to make! Be sure to include these as part of your holiday menu this year!
7. M&M Cookies– What I love about M&Ms is that they always come in holiday colors! Use Christmas M&Ms for a festive plate of cookies. Just be sure the kids don’t eat all the M&Ms in the process 🙂
We hope you enjoy these festive treats as much as we do! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Long Distance Baking 🙂
-Steph and Kelly