I love muffins because they are so quick and easy, with hardly any prep or clean up. Plus, you can switch up flavors and mix-in’s making them extremely versatile. Another win!
I wanted a “healthier” muffin, one without chocolate this time. (gasp!) I started with my basic banana muffins, then added some shredded zucchini and carrots. Veggies for breakfast anyone?
Next I threw in some flax seeds and chia seeds…because why not? They’re both full of health benefits and help you stay full longer, which is always a plus at breakfast. Not to mention you can’t taste them AT.ALL. Just trust me on this one. Put them in.
Add some raisins and fall spices…and there you go! Loaded breakfast muffins. Is there anything else I could possibly add?! I thought about walnuts, but didn’t want to go overboard. But if you’re into that kind of thing, by all means, keep adding ingredients!
I love making a batch of muffins Sunday night to eat throughout the week for a quick breakfast or morning snack. I hope you give these a try!
Loaded Breakfast Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- 1/2 c shredded carrots
- 1/4 c melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c flax seed
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 c raisins
- Mash bananas. Mix with zucchini and carrots.
- Add melted butter, egg, vanilla and sugar into banana/zucchini/carrot mixture. Stir until combined.
- In separate bowel, whisk together flour, soda, powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, flax and chia seeds.
- Add dry ingredients into wet. Stir just until combined, then mix in raisins.
- Pour into greased or lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 375 for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.