Granola is healthy, right? Even with the addition of chocolate? Ok, great, that’s what I thought! So here ya go, healthy peanut butter chocolate chip granola…
I’m hiking Half Dome one week from tomorrow and I’m feeling surprisingly very calm and cool about it. The only thing that really concerns me about the hike, the three things really, are: the cables (yikes!), the lack of restrooms (I’m not fond of going to the bathroom behind a tree), and two tourists who recently visited Yosemite contracted the plague (yes, as in the plague that wiped out much of Europe way back when). Other than that, I’m completely excited about it!
Since hiking Half Dome is an all-day adventure, I’ve been thinking of what food to bring to keep energy levels up. I’m thinking this might be it.
This granola is so easy!! It’s about a 2 minute prep time and 15 minute bake time. That’s it! Although this can be enjoyed on its own, I personally think it would be best over a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream… Enjoy!
- 2 cups oats
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt peanut and honey in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir until thoroughly incorporated. Add vanilla and stir.
- Pour mixture over oats and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture into an even layer on a cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool then mix in chocolate chips.