Have I mentioned I’m sad the holidays are over? If not, you could come over and see my decorations still up. I have to take them down in phases or else I think I would go into some soft of post-Christmas-depression.
To keep the holiday feel going, I remade a drink my family had at Christmas. This Pomegranate Raspberry Fizz both looks and tastes festive; we were drinking it all weekend! My mom is obsessed with pomegranates, so anything with them in the name she wants us to try.
The drink can easily be made individually or in a punch form in a pitcher for larger crowds. It can also be alcoholic or non-alcoholic. The “fizz” in the name comes from some sort of carbonated addition: either sparkling wine or champagne, sparkling cider, sparkling water…so many options!
If you like pomegranate juice you will love this drink. And if you’re not sure you like pomegranate juice? Give this drink a try, because I think you will! Cheers!
Pomegranate Raspberry Fizz (adapted from Sunset)
- Pomegranate juice
- Sparkling wine or sparkling water
- Raspberry syrup (I used Torani)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Combine 1 tablespoon raspberry syrup, 2 parts pomegranate juice and 1 part sparkling wine (or water) to glass.
- Stir in a spritz of lemon juice.
- Serve over ice.
- For punch: Combine 1 cup raspberry syrup, 4 cups pomegranate juice and 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice in pitcher. When ready to serve, mix 2 parts punch to 1 part sparkling wine (or water) over ice.