I have taken a little 2 week hiatus from baking (sorry for slacking Steph!) so this weekend I decided to do nothing but bake! Well and sleep, read, workout, go to church, watch the Oscars, take two naps… ok so I didn’t spend the whole weekend baking but I did try some new recipes including these delicious Samonies – Samoa Inspired Brownies!
It is Girl Scout Cookie time of year and Samoas are quite possibly my favorite. Well, they might be tied with Thin Mints (check out my Mint Mocha Milkshakes!) but there is something about Samoas that makes them stand out. It’s probably the caramel and coconut. I love caramel and coconut!
I have to be honest with you a minute, I cheated on these brownies… I used a boxed brownie mix. I’m not even ashamed. Boxed brownies are flat out tasty! Plus, I had a box in the cupboard so I figured I’d put it to good use. For the caramel layer, I used the same recipe that Stephanie used for Salted Caramel Chocolate Cookie Bars. Oh my gosh, so good! I still need to perfect the chocolate drizzle on top, but overall these Samonies are keepers and a definite crowd pleaser! Enjoy 🙂
- Favorite Boxed Brownies (or if you have the ingredients on hand, homemade!)
- 1 bag Kraft soft caramels
- 2 tbls. heavy cream
- 1 bag sweetened coconut
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- Make brownies per directions on box. Cool completely.
- While brownies are cooling, pour coconut on a baking sheet into a single layer. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and cook coconut for about 7 minutes. Check frequently and stir coconut so it does not burn.
- For the caramel layer, melt caramels and heavy cream in saucepan. Pour on top of brownies.
- Cover caramel layer with toasted coconut.
- For the chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave. Drizzle on top of brownies.
- Let brownies set in the fridge for about an hour. Enjoy 🙂