What’s the weather been like where you’re at lately? It seems like everywhere is hot, hot, hot! I’m a firm believer that the only way to beat the heat is frozen desserts. And I also just really like ice cream.
Sometimes though, it’s even too hot for ice cream. It just sounds too creamy, too rich. That’s where this sorbet comes in. It’s sweet and tangy and oh so refreshing for these hot July days.
You can use fresh or frozen strawberries with this recipe, meaning you have no excuse not to make it. 4 ingredients, 30 minutes and you’ve got yourself a delicious summer treat.
This sorbet is festive enough to make an appearance at your 4th of July party, too! That is if you can manage to share it. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 lb strawberries (~2 c chopped)
- 1/4 c banana liquor (or any unflavored liquor, just to keep from freezing solid)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Create a simple syrup by heating sugar and water over low heat, until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In blender, mix strawberries, banana liquor and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the simple syrup to the berry mixture and combine.
- Churn in ice cream maker according to directions, usually about 20-30 minutes.
- Freeze in an air tight container.