Sometimes you just need chocolate. Rich, dark, ooey-gooey chocolate. With maybe some caramel deliciousness. And nuts. Lots of nuts.
I used to be a firm believer in always keeping a box of brownie mix on hand. You never know when that craving will strike! I’m happy to say though, I’ve been converted to an “always from scratch” brownie person, and think you should too. It barely takes any extra time and they taste soooo much better.
I had to bake these three times before I was able to photograph them. They kept getting eaten too fast! If that’s not proof you need to make these ASAP, I’m not sure what to tell you.
These are the rich, fudgey kind of brownies that require a big glass of milk alongside them, which in my opinion, are the best kind. One small piece and your sweet tooth is satisfied. At least for the next hour or so.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Brownies (adapted from Nutella Chocolate Chip Brownies)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 c dark chocolate chips
- 1 c chopped pecans
- 10 oz bag unwrapped caramels
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Melt butter, sugar, and chocolate chip in saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously.
- Transfer ingredients into mixer and beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour and baking powder, and stir until combined.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of the pecans and pour in 9 x 9 pan.
- Bake 20 min at 350 degrees.
- For caramel layer: melt caramels and heavy cream in saucepan over medium heat. Pour over brownies and smooth to edges. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of pecans and press lightly into caramel.
- Wait until fully cooled, then cut into small squares.