We had a bag of Peanut M&Ms lying around so naturally I had to make cookies. Also, I didn’t want to devour the entire bag of M&Ms while watching Bachelor in Paradise. Because let’s be honest for a moment, that definitely would have happened.
Speaking of Bachelor in Paradise, have you been watching?!? It’s definitely my guilty pleasure TV show right now. I watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons but Bachelor in Paradise is so much better! All the drama and tears makes me feel a whole lot better about my own love life and that I haven’t quite reached that level of desperation…. yet. Ask me again in 5 years and we’ll see where I am at. In all honesty though, if Ben H or Ben Z are the next bachelor, I’m going to be slightly disappointed that I didn’t go to one of the casting calls.
I guess I’ll just have to make another batch of these cookies to soothe my broken heart.
If you follow me on Instagram, you would have seen that I made The Pioneer Woman’s Spicy Baked Beans (results coming this week!). To say I’m a Pioneer Woman fan would be an understatement… I want to marry a farmer and live on a ranch and cook all day too! Side note, one of my favorite books is The Dirty Life, a memoir about a city girl who marries a farmer and moves to the farm. Highly recommended!
Well, I’ve been eyeing The Pioneer Woman’s Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies for a while so when I saw the M&M bag, I figured browned butter M&M cookies would be just as good! I only brown one stick of butter and that is just enough to give the cookies a carmel-y flavor. Plus, the smell of the browned butter infuses the entire kitchen and makes your house feel cozy and fall like. And, well, fall is the best time of year! If you need a cookie fix, these are for you. Enjoy 🙂
- 2 sticks of butter, 1 browned and 1 softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla (yes, 1 whole tablespoon!)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup peanut M&Ms
- 1 chocolate bar, chopped
- Brown one stick of butter by melting the stick in a saucepan on low heat. It will bubble and foam and turn a carmel-y brown color. Remove from heat and cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the softened butter and both sugars. Slowly add the browned butter.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Add the flour, salt and baking soda. Once mixed, stir in the chocolate and M&Ms.
- Cover dough and let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour. Don’t skip this step!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Scoop dough onto baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!