It’s hard to believe that Halloween is tomorrow. I feel like I’m just now getting used to it being 2015 and we only have two months left in the year!
I love Halloween! And although I can’t remember the last time I actually dressed up for Halloween (my favorite costume was the year my elementary bff Lauren and I dressed up as a bunch of grapes in 6th grade by blowing up purple balloons and pinning them to our black leggings and turtlenecks and added an actual grapevine to our ponytails), I love decorating for Halloween.
At home we have a Halloween decoration that we call Mr. Pumpkin. Mr Pumpkin is a giant pumpkin with two arms and two legs that we hang on the wall and we can move and arrange how we like. We’ve had Mr. Pumpkin since I can remember and every year I am amazed and thankful that he’s still intact and hasn’t fallen apart or ripped because Halloween just wouldn’t be the same without him.
If you are heading to a Halloween party and need a last minute festive treat to bring, look no further! These are so incredibly easy to make and take no more than 10 minutes. Plus, you only need two ingredients: Oreos and chocolate chips!
When making these, I tried melting the chocolate chips one of two ways: the semi-sweet chocolate chips I placed in a saucepan on low heat with 1/4 cup heavy cream; the white chocolate chips I just melted in the microwave in 30 second intervals. Microwaving is definitely the way to go! Not only is it faster, but the chocolate dries better and looks smoother.
This Halloween I’ll be at the SC v Cal game with my dad cheering on SC… Happy Halloween and beat the Bears! Fight On!!
- 1 package of Oreos, double stuffed
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Decorations- sprinkles, icing, etc…
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt one bag of the chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between.
- Once completely melted, dip one Oreo in the chocolate until evenly coated and set on parchment paper. Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Decorate as desired, working fairly quickly since chocolate dries fast.
- If you have extra Oreos or want two types of chocolate covered Oreos, melt second bag of chocolate chips and repeat steps 1-4.