If you haven’t noticed, we have quite the ice cream obsession around here. But can you blame us?! It’s summer! And ice cream is delicious.
When I was growing up we got to have “treat” each night before bed. It could be anything: cookies and milk, a popsicle, a piece of pie. Mine was always a bowl of ice cream. Always.
I ate ice cream so often my relatives would buy extra when I was coming to town. I had an ice cream cone charm for my Italian charm bracelet (remember those??) When I went on a mission trip to Mexico my youth pastor’s emailed my parents saying “Don’t worry, Stephanie got some ice cream”.
My addiction stalled for a few years after I moved out of the house, but then my fiancé got me an ice cream maker for my birthday! Granted I’m pretty sure it’s more a gift for himself, I was excited.
This Oreo cookies and cream ice cream is hands down the best ice cream I’ve made. Not only is it incredibly easy (can you say 5 ingredient vanilla ice cream + oreos?) but it was sweet and creamy and just enough Oreos to get your chocolate fix.
Trust me. You need this ice cream in your life! You’re only 30 minutes away from this delicious summer treat.
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream (adapted from Toasted Almond Ice Cream)
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1 c whole milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 c crushed Oreos
- In medium saucepan, heat 1 cup cream and the sugar, stirring continually until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add remaining cream, milk and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Churn ice cream according to ice cream maker directions, about 20-25 minutes. In the last 3-5 minutes, add the crushed Oreos.
- Freeze in an airtight container.