Aren’t these mini pie pans so cute?!? They were a gift from Grandma Vi and although she is technically not my grandma, I love her like one anyway. She sent them to me over a month ago and I know it’s a shame I haven’t used them until now but it’s just because I couldn’t decide what kind of pies to bake!
I’ve been wanting to make apple pie with a crumb topping and then eat it piping hot with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream (my favorite flavor of vanilla, btw) but the heat has been a deterrent. I know apple pie is a classic all-American dessert that can be made and enjoyed at any point throughout the year but to me, it’s best eaten and enjoyed in the Fall. I needed another option.
My aunt makes this strawberry cake and the frosting is cool whip mixed with strawberry yogurt. It is so light and refreshing and sounded like the perfect combination for a summer pie! And the best part- there is absolutely no baking involved in these pies! The crust is firmly pressed in the bottom of each pan and then placed in the freezer to set. It’s that simple!
I added some sliced strawberry to the bottom for an added strawberry kick but you could easily substitute any fruit with this recipe. Some fresh peaches and peach yogurt for the topping would definitely be just as good. If you are in the mood for a refreshing summer treat, this is the pie for you. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 cups crushed graham craker
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 tbls sugar
- 1 container of cool whip
- 1 Yoplait strawberry yogurt
- sliced strawberries
- Mix together melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. Press firmly into the bottom of the mini pie pans and place in freezer for an hour to set.
- Layer sliced strawberries on top of crust.
- To top, mix together cool whip and yogurt. Spoon generously on top of strawberries.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Enjoy!