In my quest to find the best chocolate chip cookie recipe (read about it here!), my cousin and I experimented with these.
Because what is better than a classic chocolate chip cookie? A classic chocolate chip cookie with miniature Reese’s!
My cousin and I have always experimented in the kitchen. We even started our own restaurant when we were about 10. You might have heard of it, Ambrosial?(We got the name by typing in delicious into a word document and hitting the Thesaurus tab. We were very resourceful!) Ya you probably haven’t heard of it but trust me, our signature and only dish, Chicken Cacciatore, was delish! Thank you, Aunt Teri for your direction on that!
Although our restaurant never took off, we still baked cookies and brownies and it was during one of our baking adventures that we decided to spice it up and put a new twist on the chocolate chip cookie by baking the cookies in a muffin tin and adding mini Reese’s. We honestly thought our idea to bake the cookie in a muffin tin was revolutionary…
Instead of using a muffin tin this time, I used these super cute cupcake thingys from my friend Katie (I’m not sure what they are actually called but they’re cute!). I call this chocolate chip cookie recipe The Decadent because they are. They are so rich and filling that I can never eat a whole one. And that’s saying something! This recipe is so easy and you can use any chocolate chip cookie recipe as the base. We always add the mini Reese’s with 1-2 minutes left to bake and not right when they come out. Don’t ask me why, we just do! Hope you enjoy them!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup granulated and brown sugar
- 2 egs
- 1 bag mini Reese’s
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre- heat the oven to 375 degrees and grease muffin tin.
- Add all ingredients but the Reese’s into mixer and mix until combined.
- Evenly distribute batter into muffin tins or half way if using the fancy cupcake things 🙂
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. Meanwhile, unwrap mini Reese’s.
- Take out of oven and place one Reese’s in the middle of each tin.
- Bake for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Cool completely. Enjoy!