Guys, I met Brekin Meyer last night. Like actually met him as in shook his hand and talked to him. I didn’t think I would be so excited but after my friend almost ran him over in the parking garage of the movie theater, I was so excited that it was actually him. And that’s not all, I sat right behind Jason Statham and his girlfriend during the movie. I literally sat right behind him as in I could have reached out and touched his head. And turns out his model girlfriend eats milk duds… so if a model is eating candy, I don’t feel so bad that I just ate two mini snickers 🙂
Anyway, back to the real world and these cookies. We just recently celebrated our 1 year blogiversary and it got me all sentimental about our very first post. It’s the one about my life long quest to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe and I realized, I’ve been slacking on that quest. So today, it’s back to business which is why I present you with these- Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Bakery Style. (If you’d like to revisit all of the experimental chocolate chip cookie recipes, here’s the classic, the decadent, and the loaded.)
In full disclosure, I originally planned to make Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Nutty but chickened out at the last moment. We are not a fan of nuts in our cookies in my family and the look from my sister when I took chopped walnuts out of the grocery bag was one of true terror. So I caved and omitted the nuts. Maybe next time…
What I love about these cookies is that they taste like they were bought from a bakery! And maybe that’s because it’s adapted from Love From the Oven’s copycat recipe for Levain Bakery’s famous chocolate chip walnut cookies. Although I’ve never had a Levain cookie, if they taste anything like these, I’ll definitely eat a few 🙂 Hope you enjoy!
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 small box vanilla pudding
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 4oz. bar chocolate, chopped (any kind of chocolate you prefer)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, pudding mix, baking soda and baking powder. Add flour mixture to bowl in increments.
- Stir in chocolate chips and chocolate.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on cookie sheet. I used a large cookie scoop and spaced it out to where I could only fit 6 dough balls on a sheet at one time.
- Bake 12-14 minutes. (More or less depending on size of cookies.)
- Let cool, or don’t, and enjoy!