I love dessert but I don’t usually eat candy. I’ll get Junior Mints at the movies and occasionally I’ll crave a Snicker’s or a Reese’s Fastbreak or just a plain Reese’s. But if I had to choose one candy to snack on, I’d choose M&Ms. So when I as at Hobby Lobby the other day on my lunch break, a bad habit that is affecting my paycheck, I saw these harvest colored M&Ms and couldn’t resist buying them. They also happen to sort of be USC colors so they’re perfect for game day desserts!
Have you ever had an M&M cookie from Safeway? I haven’t had one in years but I remember it being a treat when I was younger to get one. They were enormous cookies, of course looking back I probably remember them being much larger than they actually were, but they were filled with M&Ms and they were so good!
These cookies are much smaller but taste very similar! I like that M&Ms have a little crunch that chocolate chips don’t have so it’s nice to switch it up sometimes. Last week we had Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Bakery Style and this week we have these yummy M&Ms cookies! They’re perfect for any occasion and sure to be a hit! Enjoy 🙂
- 2 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 bag M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add flour mixture to bowl in increments.
- Stir in M&Ms.
- Scoop dough into balls and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes. (More or less depending on size of cookies.)
- Let cool, or don’t, and enjoy!