How is it possible the year is almost over?! I swear every year goes faster than the last. With a whirlwind Christmas trip from New York to California I’m looking forward to a quiet and relaxing New Year’s Eve at home.
My go-to NYE dish is a Jalapeño Popper Dip, which is so good I’m not sure why I only make it once a year?? But this champagne cocktail is definitely my go-to NYE drink. I’m a big fan of mimosas made with cranberry juice, and this is like a grown up version of that.
The cranberry orange base is very similar to our homemade Thanksgiving cranberry sauce and only takes a few minutes to whip up. The cranberries with Stirrings Pomegranate Martini Mix and fresh pomegranate arils make the entire drink festive! I just love the bright color.
Stirrings is having a Holiday Blogger Mixology Challenge and this Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail is my submission. Stirrings has a huge selection of cocktail mixes and even rimmer garnishes, available at Super 1 Foods, Roasters, Yokes and Winter Ridge Natural Foods. Make sure to follow their social media accounts (Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter) to see more recipe ideas! If I win the challenge…maybe you’ll even see mine on there! Search #StirringsMixologyContest to see the other entries.
Cranberry Pomegranate Champagne Cocktail
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 navel orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- Stirrings Pomegranate Martini Mix
- Fresh rosemary sprigs and fresh pomegranate arils for topping (optional)
- In small saucepan heat the cranberries, orange, orange zest, sugar and water. Simmer until berries and orange have broken down, about 10-15 minutes. Let cool.
- Add about one tablespoon of the cranberry mixture into the bottom of each champagne glass.
- Pour 1 oz Stirrings Pomegranate Martini Mix into each glass.
- Top each glass with champagne and garnish with rosemary and pomegranate arils if desired.
- Makes 6 drinks.