So this Caramel Pretzel Brownie Pie… it’s delicious! I have been on huge caramel kick lately. I was sick all last week and caramel was the only thing I craved. Weird, I know, but since I was feeling much better this weekend, I thought I deserved a caramel treat.
These brownies are very reminiscent of LDB’s Samonies and Turtle Brownies. In place of coconut or nuts, I opted for more of a crunch and went with pretzels. Definitely a great substitution! Chocolate, caramel and pretzel is very tough combination to beat.
These brownies are rich… and I mean rich. I love caramel and chocolate but could only handle a few bites. Which is fine by me because I now have dessert for the week! Hope you enjoy 🙂
- 1 box brownie mix or homemade brownies
- 1 bag Kraft caramels
- 2 tbls cream
- handful of pretzels
- Make brownies according to box directions. Pour in 9inch pie pan and bake 25-30 minutes at 325 degrees. Cool completely.
- For the caramel layer, melt caramels and cream over high heat in medium saucepan.
- Stir constantly until caramel is completely melted and pour over brownies.
- Place pretzels on top of caramel. Let cool and enjoy!